- 1 hour and 45 minutes long (shorter option: 1 hour and 15 minutes*)
- Family-friendly tour
- Fridays and Saturdays at 6:30 pm
Covid 19. All tours currently cancelled till further notice
*Meet outside the Tourist Information Centre at 15-16 Broad Street at 6:50 pm.
- Child (Aged 13-15)
- Young Child (Aged 5-12)
Historically informative yet hugely entertaining, Bill Spectre’s Oxford Ghost Trail is the perfect way to soak up the atmosphere of this famous city, leaving you with a deliciously scary tingle running down your spine.
Intrepid ghost hunters should meet outside the glass-fronted gift shop of Oxford Castle & Prison. Bill Spectre (distinctively dressed as a Victorian undertaker) departs from this location at 6:30 pm every Friday and Saturday evening, private group bookings at other times by arrangement. For a shorter walk, meet outside the Tourist Information Centre at 15-16 Broad Street at 6:50 pm.
- Access: The tours are accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users, but there are cobblestones, uneven paving, and kerb stones to be negotiated.
- The tour lasts approximately one hour and 45 minutes from the castle or one hour and 15 minutes from the Tourist Information Centre, and it ends near the Sheldonian Theatre.
- The tours run Friday and Saturday and take place whatever the weather. Please wear suitable walking shoes and appropriate clothing for walking outside.
- Gift vouchers available.
- Special Offer: Your Ghost Trail ticket gives you £1.00 off Oxford Castle Unlocked.
Beware! The board outside the blue gates of Trinity College has nothing to do with Bill Spectre’s Ghost Trail; he never leaves from there. If you don’t see the name Bill Spectre, it isn’t his tour. Do not buy tickets from Cool Britannia on Broad Street – this is not Bill Spectre’s Tour!